Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ON-LINE VIDEOS - YOUTUBE

Now this I did enjoy, but it can become very addictive trawling through the videos, although extremely enjoyable and informative.

I feel, the ways in which the Library could utilise this tool is by posting Book Reviews, Events and information for customers about the Library in general, such as how easy it is to join and use its facilities. Many people still think you have to pay to use the Library and can feel intimidated about venturing in.

We could have a video tour, showing the layout of the Library and where certain information can be located and show the fun things for children such as Rhymetime and school holiday activities.

I picked this video as when I close up the Library on my late shift, I,m finding more and more food items discarded, and I thought this was appropriate.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You did it! Good pick. Wouldn't it be nice if we could click our fingers and ..., well I had better not say what I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having a picnic in the library is a great idea. We often have cooking demonstrations in Spearwood Library. That has given me an idea for a session on picnic foods where the participants sit on picnic rugs and enjoy their sample of food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a picnic in the library. I've done it before with little ones for a Teddy Bear's Picnic, but never thought to have a picnic for grown-ups!

    I also like the idea of a library tour via you-tube. You're on a roll ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we all want a Herman! Just a click of the fingers and the annoying person is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Library Ninja also likes the idea of using YouTube to host a "virtual tour" of the library and the services on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lou Lou: I'd love to see a library tour via Youtube. :-)

    ReplyDelete